Lompat ke konten Lompat ke sidebar Lompat ke footer

Widget Atas Posting

Quarter To, Quarter of, Half Past [Time Sort]


When my son�s first grade teacher sent a note home to parents telling us what we could work on with our sons and daughters, I didn�t ignore it. One of the things she suggested was a little extra practice identifying when times were �quarter to,� �quarter past,� and �half past.�

To work on this with my son, I created some clocks of these times. (Print the 2-page PDF I made here.)

I cut them out and labeled three pieces of paper �quarter to,� �quarter past,� and �half past.� It was up to my son to look at the clock cards and sort them into the right piles.

He whipped through the stack in no time. To check his work, I had him read back the times in each pile.

OOPS! He had several �quarter to� and �quarter past� times confused!


Having him read them aloud was a good reminder, too, that the �quarter to� times were one hour ahead of where the little hand was pointing.

This was a simple activity that really helped my son improve his time-telling abilities. 

Posting Komentar untuk "Quarter To, Quarter of, Half Past [Time Sort]"